1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion
¼ cup green pepper
1 can tomato soup
2 cups vegetable (green beans, peas, carrots or corn as desired)
2 cups mashed potatoes
1 cup shredded cheese
1. Brown beef and onion with green pepper.
2. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
3. Stir in tomato soup and vegetable.
4. Put into a 2-quart casserole and top with potatoes, then cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Great recipe to use leftover vegetables and potatoes.
The twist? Claire’s decorative touches—parsley or chives garnish.
Visit http://pinterest.com/lisacoxcarter/carolina-reckoning/ for more behind-the-scene photos of Carolina Reckoning.