Makes 3 quarts.
¼ cup butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups onions
1 cup celery
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 (8 oz) sliced Baby Bella mushrooms
6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
½ tsp black pepper
2 quarts chicken broth
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
3 cups cooked wild rice
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp fresh thyme
2 Tbsp sherry
Garnish with thyme.
1. In Dutch oven, heat butter and olive oil till melted and blended.
2. Add onion and celery. Cook 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic. Cook 2 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms. Cook 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
5. Add garlic powder, flour, salt and peppers. Cook 2 minutes. Stir constantly.
6. Add chicken broth. Stir till achieve smooth texture.
7. Bring to simmer, then add chicken and wild rice. Cook 20 minutes.
8. Add cream and thyme. Simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
9. Stir in sherry. Garnish with thyme.
10. Serve and enjoy.
For more recipes and behind the scene photos of Carolina Reckoning, visit http://www.pinterest.com/lisacoxcarter/carolina-reckoning/.