This is my husband’s favorite dessert of all time—Enjoy.
1 box cake mix
1 cup butter
2 cups milk
1 cup sugar
dash of salt
1 1/2 cups flour
2 squares semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. In large mixing bowl, add cake mix, flour, salt and sugar. Stir and then cut butter into dry mixture.
2. Add eggs one at a time. Gradually add milk.
3. Put the amount of a large serving spoonful of mixture into each baking pan. Make 8 individual layers.
4. Bake at 350 degrees 10-12 minutes or until done.
5. Add all frosting ingredients to a saucepan. Melt chocolate squares and cook to a hard boil 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl and mix with electric beaters to thoroughly blend and thicken.
6. Allow cake and frosting to cool before spreading frosting between 8 layers and on cake.
For more recipes and photos from Coast Guard Courtship, visit https://www.pinterest.com/lisacoxcarter/coast-guard-courtship/.