Okay—for the purists among you, this recipe may not be for you. But if you don’t enjoy pitting fresh cherries and you need something yummy and quick because—well, you have a life—this is the cherry cobbler recipe for you.
And I think Marvela from Beyond the Cherokee Trail would heartily agree.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Melt butter in baking dish.
- Mix sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Pour batter into baking dish but do not stir.
- Pour pie filling into batter—Drop by spoonful and dollop several spoonfuls in the middle and then divide the rest into the corners and sides. Do not stir.
- Bake@ 350° for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until golden brown.
For more recipes and photos, visit https://www.pinterest.com/lisacoxcarter/beyond-the-cherokee-trail/.