• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup of water
• 1 medium onion (white or yellow)
• 1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
• Fresh clams with juice
• sea salt & black pepper to taste
• chopped parsley
- Rinse and chop clams. Set aside.
- Mix flour, water and egg.
- Add Old Bay, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Batter consistency should be thick. Add clams, onion and chopped parsley.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees in pan or deep fryer.
- Drop small spoonfuls of batter into hot oil.
- Cook approximately 5 minutes on each side.
- If using deep fryer, fritters will float when done.
- Cook until firm or achieve a golden brown color.
- Cool and enjoy. Serve with cocktail sauce.
For more recipes, visit Falling for the Single Dad on Pinterest.