From my friend, Wendy Woodworth, who often shared this delicious treat with our Precept Bible Study class—
You have to try these scrumptious autumn pumpkin muffins. Fix yourself a cup of chai tea or coffee, put one of these fabulous muffins on a plate and enjoy yourself a taste of autumn.
And of course, I think these are best eaten when also curled up with a good book.
Oven: 350 degrees
3 ½ cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
½ tsp. salt
2. Mix in separate bowl—
2 cups pumpkin
1 cup canola oil
3 cups sugar
3. Add set-aside dry ingredients. Mix well.
4. Stir in ½ cup walnuts if desired.
5. Pour batter into muffin tins 2/3 full.
6. Cream Cheese Mixture—
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
Mix until velvety and smooth.
7. Use a teaspoon to place a scoop of cream cheese mixture into the center of each tin. Sprinkle a few nuts on top.
8. Bake 20-23 minutes or until middle is done.
What’s your favorite autumn recipe?