2. Combine beans and salsa. Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture and 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Roll tortilla.
3. Place rolled tortillas In heated skillet. Toast and cook tortillas for 3 minutes on each side.
4. Garnish with sour cream, guacamole, and tomatoes.
These can be easily made into breakfast tortillas by adding sausage/chorizo or scrambled eggs into the mixture before rolling tortillas. Can also add cilantro and/or corn as desired.
- 8 (6-inch) tortillas
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped onion
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3 (10-ounce) cans enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
Preheat oven to 350°.
3. Spoon chicken mix along down centers of tortillas. Roll tortillas. Place, seam side down, in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
4. Pour remaining 2 cans of heated sauce over enchiladas, and top with cheese. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese melts. Garnish with tomatoes and olives. Serve over lettuce.