• A River in the Sky (featuring the unconquerable Amelia Peabody) by Elizabeth Peters—historical mystery series
• As the Pig Turns (featuring the indomitable Agatha Raisin) by M.C. Beaton—contemporary Great Britain
• Mourning Gloria and Cat’s Claw (China Bayles herb mystery series) by Susan Wittig Albert—set in the Texas Hill Country
• Scones and Bones, Agony of the Leaves by Laura Childs—Charleston Tea Shop series
• Three-Day Town, The Buzzard Table by Margaret Maron—North Carolina setting
• The Crocodile’s Last Embrace by Suzanne Arruda—1920’s Africa
If these series are new to you, the teacher in me says start with number one and read forward. You’ll be glad you did.
Definition of a reader’s bad day? When you catch up to your favorite author’s latest novel and have to wait for the next one to come out.
But until then, happy reading.
What about you? Any mystery series you’d like to recommend?
Later this week, my picks for historical fiction.