1 Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
20 oz. can unsweetened crushed pineapple (do not drain)
1. Bake cake per box directions.
2. When layers are cool, make holes by piercing with a fork.
3. Put half of pineapple can with juice over one layer.
4. Spread icing over layer.
5. Put remaining half of pineapple with juice over 2nd layer.
6. Spread remaining icing over layer and sides of cake.
Cooked Pineapple Icing Ingredients (For 2-layer 9″ cake)
1 can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
1.5 cup granulated sugar
1 egg (beat slightly)
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/2 stick margarine
1. Mix all of the above ingredients and cook on medium heat till it thickens.
2. Spread over layers.
For more recipes and behind the scene photos of Beneath a Navajo Moon, visit http://www.pinterest.com/lisacoxcarter/beneath-a-navajo-moon/.