Beyond easy Chili-Chocolate Birthday Cake—Southwest Style—for Aaron’s birthday in Under a Turquoise Sky.
- 1 box Triple Chocolate Decadent Cake Mix
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, separated
- ¼ tsp. plus ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 container cream cheese, vanilla, or chocolate frosting of choice
- Pastry bag (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake mix as directed. You will have your cake batter in 1 bowl and filling in a second bowl.
- Add 1 tsp. of cinnamon and ¼ tsp. of cayenne pepper to cake batter and mix well.
- Spoon cake batter into greased and floured pans.
- Bake cake as directed and cool completely.
- Prepare frosting by adding 1 tsp. of cinnamon and ⅛ tsp. of cayenne pepper to each container of frosting that you use. Mix completely and frost cake. For a more decorative look, utilize a frosting bag.
For more recipes and behind-the-scene photos, visit http://www.pinterest.com/lisacoxcarter/under-a-turquoise-sky/.