Salt & Pepper
1. Boil eggs in with with a dash of salt 15-20 minutes.
2. Let eggs cool. Crack and peel eggs.
3. Slice eggs in half lengthwise.
4. Scoop out yolk onto plate and mash with a fork till lumps are out and yolks are blended.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add mayo (1/3 cup???) I add till it “looks right”.
6. Add mustard ( 1 Tbsp????) You know what I’m going to say here, right? This is how I was taught to cook by the best Southern cooks I know.
Until reaching desired color and texture.
7. Spoon into egg whites.
Yield: 12 eggs
Southerners eat this at all social gatherings year-round. It’s about as de rigueur as sweet tea.
For more recipes and behind the scene photos of Beneath a Navajo Moon, visit http://www.pinterest.com/lisacoxcarter/beneath-a-navajo-moon/.