School is out. No more carpool. No more lesson plans. Schedule and routine are out the window. Till September. . . . And I’ll think about that another day.
But for now I’m looking forward to:
• the glow of fireflies on a summer evening
• time to sit, breathe and daydream
• digging my toes into the sand and allowing the Atlantic to swirl around my ankles
• lunch and/or coffee with friend—Give me a call. Let’s talk.
• a book and storyworld to create—It’s what I do every summer vacation. One summer I “solved” a mystery at an antebellum mansion. Another summer I “apprehended” a murderer on Raleigh’s Greenway. This summer? I can’t wait to find out.
• shelves of books to read—So many books, so little time. Sigh . . .
Later this week, I’ll share my top summer reading picks.
What about you? What are you looking forward to this summer?